Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sisters

I wish I could say that I am not surprised at how well Taylor has taken to Avery but honestly... I am. She is typically very possessive of her mommy and daddy and will have quite the two year old temper tantrum if anyone tries to get between her and parents affection. I guess because she knows that Avery is HER little sister she is willing to share us! Taylor loves her roll as BIG SISTER - which required me doing a lot of wash initially because for the first two weeks Avery was home Taylor would only wear clothing that pointed out that she was in fact a Big Sister.
Taylor's motherly instinct is remarkable. If Avery is napping in another room Taylor will stop playing every few minutes to check on her. She immediately tells me to feed her when she cries and loves helping with the care of her sis. She calls her "AE" and when asked what her middle name is, Taylor responds, "little sister." The hugs and kisses are endless...

No comments: