Thursday, December 6, 2007

24 weeks...

Wow-These last 6 months have flown by...I hope that the next several go just as quickly. Almost daily for the last few weeks any time we see her growing stack of adorable clothing, talk about getting her room ready, or feel my belly Mike says, "don't you just want her to come now?" I know that soon our little baby will be here and we can't wait to meet her!



We have made some more progress in our preparations for her... our bedding has arrived...


and our furniture will be ordered this weekend (thanks Maddie and PopPop!) We have picked out paint for the room and Mike has started to empty out the room which has been our guest bedroom/Mike's closet for the last 4 years. I will be sure to post before and after pictures of the finished product... but most likely not for a few months... but definitely before March 28th!

Here is what is happening in my belly this 24th week according to babycenter.com-

How your baby's growing:Your baby's growing steadily, gaining about a quarter of a pound since last week, when she was just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), that makes a pretty lean figure, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon put on more baby fat. Your baby's skin is thin, translucent, and wrinkled, her brain is growing rapidly, and her taste buds are developing. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" and cells that produce surfactant, a substance **that helps the air sacs inflate easily.

4 comments:

Ashlynne said...

I love the bedding. It seems so calming. Where did you get it, and are those dragonflies?

Unknown said...

I love the bedding, too and I can't wait to see the finished product! Since the baby's taste buds are developing, do you think she'll develop very picky taste buds like her mother? Chicken fingers and wheat thins??

Jen said...

Very funny Jess!

Brian & Lisa said...

Very cute bedding. What accessories did you get? The wall hangings are cute. So is the lamp and so is the valence. Wait, did I read "wheat thins" Wow!! she's doubled her grocery list. Used to be 2 things, chicken fingers and fruit roll ups, then she out grew the fruit roll ups.

Lisa and I are very excited for you and Mike. Let me know if you guys need any help getting ready. I'll be right over.