Thursday, December 27, 2007

27 weeks

Oh my gosh, we are in the double digits, only 92 days left! Time has really flown by so far but I am thinking January, February, and March won't be so quick. We are making a significant dent in the "things to do before the baby arrives" list. We are partially done our kitchen and we have rearranged the bedrooms making room for the nursery by combining the office and spare room. We have a lot of painting to do which we hope to tackle this weekend.



Mike and I had a wonderful Christmas. It was a busy few days traveling from house to house spending time with family but it was well worth it. The hecticness of the few days was evident in my ankles. For the first time in my life I had "cankles". When we got home on Christmas I took off my shoes and socks, looked down, and promptly screamed. My ankles were approximately the size of my calves. There was no evidence of an ankle bone and my feet looked like sausages. The next morning the swelling hadn't really gone down too much so I called the doctor who had me come in to check my blood pressure. All was fine and I learned that this is another "normal" thing that happens in pregnancy. As of today I have ankles bones again and they are very much appreciated! I wish I would have taken a picture just to show the craziness of these "normal" things but I am sure that the opportunity will present itself again. I think the days of swelling have just begun!


We are thinking the Emma may be noticing that I am pregnant. I didn't think it would ever happen but she has had a major change in preference lately. She used to be obsessed with Mike and wouldn't leave his side but over the last several days I have become her clear favorite. She follows me around the house and wants to be sitting on top of me at all times. I wonder if she is kissing up so I don't forget about her...




The baby is moving more then ever. I love it because it is like having a little buddy with me all the time. It is an awesome feeling to constantly know that she is in there, even when the reminder is a kick to the ribs! Here is what else is going on in there...


This week your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14.4 inches long with her legs extended. She can now open and close her eyes, and she sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. She may suck her fingers, and although her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with assistance — if she were to be born prematurely. Chalk up any rhythmic movement you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and isn't bothersome to her, so enjoy the tickle. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. Wonder what she's thinking?

No comments: