Sunday, March 2, 2008

I think we are (almost) ready

  • Room done- Check
  • Baby clothing washed and ready to go- Check
  • Baby Supplies-Check
  • Bag for the hospital packed- Check
  • Video Camera purchased (thanks Grammy and Grandpop) and fully charged- Check
  • Birthing class complete- Check

I think we are ready for Baby Krepps to make her debute! One important thing not marked off of our list yet is taking the "Caring for Baby Class"... seems pretty important! We will complete this on March 15th, hopefully we will make it! I do have a feeling that I will go a little early but we still have about 4 weeks to go so we still have some time!


According to my last doctor visit I am one centimeter dialated and Baby Krepps is in the right position. I am starting to think that she is running out of room in there by the way her movements feel. At times I am sure that if I look down I will see an outline of her foot about to pop through my skin!


Here is a 36 week picture and what is going on in there...
How your baby's growing:Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement

3 comments:

Monique said...

Now I can't ask if you packed your bag yet!!

Christina said...

Jen,
I have been checking your blog since you were about 25 weeks and I have to tell you, you look amazing. I hope you still feel amazing, too!
And I love the pictures you and Mike had taken. I wish we had done that because it is such a beautiful way to capture the memory. Enjoy these last few weeks of peace and quiet (although now that I think about it, I vaguely remember not being able to sleep very well and being kind of uncomfortable in general)!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday and good luck with the new arrival.