Thursday, June 26, 2008

3 Months

Taylor is three months old! On one hand it seems like she has been here for ever and I can't believe it has only been three months, and then other times it seems like three months has flown by. I was filling out her baby book the other day and I realized that I have very little recollection of April or May even happening. June is much clearer, as we settle in to this parenting thing! First time in her highchair

This month was a busy one. Mike's classes are two nights a week and it is shortened since it is the summer so an entire semester of work has been crammed in to five weeks. He is doing a good job of spending time with Taylor whenever he can... even if he is studying and she is sleeping.

Taylor has mastered a few things this month. For one, she is sleeping like a champ. She has been pretty consistently sleeping for 7 hours, then eating, then sleeping another three for about three weeks now. It has been wonderful to sleep this stretch of time again, it has been almost a year since getting this much sleep! Of course just as things seem to be going perfect we started putting her in her crib this week. The first few nights I had to check on her a million times so I was back to functioning on little sleep, but I had to make sure still there and still breathing. I had to take the bumper pads off last night because the night before she scooted to the side and I found her pushed up against them. Last night she woke up screaming after hitting her head on the rails... I have already purchased breathable bumpers. We learn quickly around here!

Unfortunately, she hasn't quite figured out how to fall asleep and getting her to close her eyes has become a huge challenge. She screams and screams until finally falling asleep. I have taken to pacing our back deck as the fresh air seems to speed up the process.

Taylor has also mastered the art of melting our hearts with her adorable smile. She smiles so big that her little shoulders pull up to her ears and her head goes back and forth, like she just can't get enough of whatever you are doing. She has let out a few small giggles, mostly when we make funny noises with our mouth, but we are still waiting for that all out belly laugh.

Reading with Mommy

3 comments:

Ashlynne said...

She has the sweetest smile. And I love how she is really concentrating on the book you are reading. She is obviously very smart....watch out!

Melanie said...

Hey Jen,
I couldn't have been more bored at work, entertaining myself by reading my neighbor's blog, when I remembered Uncle Winner showing me your blog way back in December maybe? So, after some minor stalking and with the help of Google, I found you and just want to remind you how cute Taylor is! I'm so happy for you and Mike. Can't wait to see you all again soon! (We've been on a roll the past few months!)

Melanie

Christina said...

What a beautiful little girl!! I can't believe she is three months. Happy birthday, Taylor! I love the picture of Mike holding her while he's studying.

I love those breathable bumpers. We had the same problem when we took Chase's old bumper out of the crib -- he kept hitting his head against the bars when he'd roll over, or he'd drop his pacifier out through the slots onto the floor. Breathable bumpers = problem solved!